Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm on vacation!

Or as the english say "I am on holiday." This is so nice. I haven't had a full week off since...when I went to Canada in March 2007 I think. Other than that I would split my week vacations with 2 days here, and three days there. Now, it may seem odd that I am vacationing Thursday-Wednesday but it is because my assistant was on vacation for 2 weeks and in that time we had about 15 new children start in our class. So when she returned, I didn't want to leave her
stranded with a new class. So I decided to take 3 days to tell her about the new kids. Besides, there was a staff meeting tonight and it would have stunk to go in on my day off! Though, this Saturday is an open house at my job, and I volunteered to be there 10-12 (on food duty. not fun). Anywho, I've tried to come up with a few things I should do on my vacation. Here's a list of some things so that I can remember also...
(Monday-watch my neices entire day so can't plan anything for that day)
1.Finish Inservice hours for work
2.Get my deposit back from wedding venue since I'm elopeing
3.Visit fiance atleast twice for lunch
4.Clean kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom
5.Maybe rearrange furniture
6.Plan atleast one extremely delicious meal that I wouldn't normally make during the work week
7.Look up some courses to take in the fall since I haven't been in college for 2-3 years (mainly a financial set-back)
8.Workout 30 minutes a day with the Tony Horton's 10-minute trainer
9.READ! I have so many books that I've read a few pages of but never seem to finish
10.Blog more throughout the day
11.Organize kitchen cabinets
12.Balance bills
13.Write the lesson plan for 2 weeks from now.
14.Figure out how to rearrange my classroom
15.Do something to surprise my fiance
16.and last but definitely not least relax. I don't do it often. Usually never at all. I hope to be able to kick up my feet grab some tea and meditate or do yoga. Something to ease my mind.
I have longed for this week in a very very long time.
(photo credit: Ben)

No comments:

Post a Comment