Monday, September 21, 2009

Otono


If there is one thing I miss about living up north it is fall time. My most favorite thing was to wait for Mom-Mom to rake the leaves, jump in them with my little sister then get yelled at and have to rake them up again ourselves. My Mom would always say "There's snakes and spiders in there!" But we never cared. It was just so nice to feel and hear the crunching leaves as they were jumped on. Ofcourse there would always be a few soggy leaves but it didn't matter. I miss the real fall time. In Florida we don't get a fall season. I just hope that when I have children, they will be brought up in an area that has the beautiful changing leaves, followed by the excitement of winter and the whole holiday season, the anticipation of spring and warm weather and then the bbq and outdoor fun of summer. In Florida it's non-stop sweating and moaning and "Please don't touch me, or hug me, or get too close!" There's only about one month of cool weather (aka 60 degrees). One day I'll get out of the Retirement State.

No comments:

Post a Comment