Friday, July 17, 2009

Our talents...




Have you ever wondered what you are meant to be? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. It is part of the reason I am taking so long to get through college. My career paths have been education, interior design, education again, sociology, entrepreneurship...I just can't seem to figure out what I'm meant to be, who I'm meant to be. I know I am very good with analyzing, and teaching preschool, helping others with their problems, organizing...basically a mixture of all the career paths I have thought about doing. Personally, I'd love to be a stay at home mom and do the PTA thing while my fiance "brings home the bacon" but I know that in this society it's getting really hard to have one person be the back-bone of the household. So how do I discover what I want to be? I know I don't want to teach forever since I am not comfortable being held accountable for the knowledge my students gain. I don't have the social skills to go out and market my business. I do not like the thought of sitting at a desk and listening to people's problems all day when I don't know them personally to truly help. I don't want to learn business codes and drafting.


I read somewhere that one can make money being a professional organizer. That would be fun but I would feel super awkward going through other people's junk and possibly trashing important things.


Anyone else have this issue? Those of you who are in a career they absolutely love, how did you know it's what you were meant to do? How did you begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment