Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dream Home

Everyone has a dream home. A place that they have imagined, seen, or visited and said "I'm going to live here one day." Unfortunately many of these dream homes will be only dreams. Either too expensive, too far away, or one can just not find a way to make their dream home reality. Yesterday I spoke with the owner of my job. Unfortunately for him, he has 1 male employee and about 25 female employees, not to mention only 3 daughters. Since I am the age of one of his daughters he always likes to give me some fatherly advice. I had mentioned about leaving this town and having a dream home but I don't know how to make it happen. He says to me "Do not give up on your dreams. When I started I had [figuratively] two cents but I knew I wanted a house by water. I love the water and I wanted to live by it. I worked hard to make sure my dream came true. You almost have to become obsessed with making your dreams come true. Never give up." Now he lives on the beach in a multi-million dollar home.

My dream home..... LARGE yard; enough space inside the home for a family of 6 to fit comfortably, plus pets; a slight fixer-upper. something that needs enough updating and cosmetics to make it our own; lakefront; colonial/american; gardens of flowers and veggies and fruits. I'm sure there's more to this dream home but do to being sick and late hours (yes, 9:15pm is late for me during the work week) I cannot think straight. But these features are the main hopes for my home. And, by golly, I will have this home.

{photo credit: myself, Cocoa}

No comments:

Post a Comment