Thursday, January 14, 2010

Somedays, we just need R&R

While at work this morning, I had a sudden urge to cry. A lot has happened this week, a lot of very ver small things. It just happened to build up and with every child that cried, every whine, and every negative thought my eyes got more more teary. Finally, after 2 hours I broke down. I sat in the office and spoke with my boss a bit (though my boss/owner is male, he has 3 daughters and no sons....plus no male employees) sat outside for a breath of fresh air then went back to work. I still felt I needed more "me time" so I asked to leave a couple hours early. Since I didn't allow myself to have the full cry I needed, my head was pounding. Once my husband came home, he took me out to eat then upon coming back home he sat on our porch with me and listened to every issue. Then he tested his luck at I Ching. He did so remarkable and the outcome really helped me. Basically I'm trying to achieve too much at once to avoid my fear of failing/getting sick and instead I need to take baby steps to achieve my ultimate goals. As for the rest of the evening, it's being spent putting on the pjs, kicking back, and reading.

{photo credit: cicimai09}

No comments:

Post a Comment