Monday, January 11, 2010

Life, is good


I have realized that in life, you and only you can choose how to react to things. Whining and crying does not fix a problem, and that's even what I tell my students. Unless you are in pain or feel so passionate about something, you should hold the tears. Though I must admit that every once and a while every needs a good "for no reason" cry.
Today though, I was driving to get myself my favorite drink at my favorite coffee place and upon exiting the highway I hit a nasty pot hole. My first thought "I just got a flat tire." Instead of letting my emotions take over, I went in Starbucks, got my coffee, then took a look at my tire. I noticed a little bubble formed in the tire. The only person I could call was my dad, who told me to bring the car to my parent's and ask my sister to bring me back to work, since I was on my lunch break. She ofcourse wasn't home so I [slowly] drove back to work. After work, I waited 2 hours for my husband to rescue me and change my tire. All the while I worked off the clock helping other teachers clean.
I will be leaving my apartment soon to move into a house. Between rent for the both places on Feb. 1, I will need to pay about $2225. My husband and I will have a pretty hard time doing this and now my car has a doughnut on it. Did I let this all put me down! Goodness no. I know I cannot change any of the things that have happened but I can keep my head up high!
Plus blasting Sublime-What I Got is really helpful.
{photo credit: sarah_gardner} via Naturally Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment